Wednesday, April 9, 2008

RISE KAMINARIMON



So on Friday, I asked my trainer, Daiguji if I could enter RISE Kaminarimon, an Amateur kickboxing tournament. One of my goals while coming to Japan is to get some International experience and bring it back to the US with me.




I wish I could fight at 60kg, but I have to do 65kg (because of Gyuudon) and I will be doing B-Class. Anyway, here I am representing SILVER WOLF.




On Friday, I basically got beat up by all my senpai. But it was worth it, and this Friday, I'm going to spar them all again.




Saturday, I trained again - Boxing class with alot of punchout drills. My trainer, Daiguji told me "Ippai renshuu." So that's what I'm doing.




Sunday I rested and went to the Kanamara matsuri, a Japanese Phallus Festival. Originally, the festival was celebrated by prostitutes to prevent against sexually transmitted diseases. But over time, it became a Shinto Fertility Festival. THe legend has it that a demon lived inside a woman's vagina and would bite off the members of her husbands on the wedding night. However, a suitor finally had a blacksmith forge an iron sheath for his penis and broke the demon's teeth.




Here are some pictures:


No comments: