Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SILVER WOLF IS #1

So the day after I got to school, I was telling my friends about how I didn't have a fight, and I showed them the video. OH SNAP! I suddenly had a fight!
Basically, because all I did that week was party, I rapidy lost my weight in preparation for this match.
I was 67.2kg before Practice on Friday
Now fast forward to the match on Sunday: I weighed in at 63.5 kg
NICE-O!
Here's a video of the match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sknhFjTtETg
I lost by points due to a yellow card for holding and kneeing. However, I did well and am proud of my performance in my first fight overseas.
After the fight, I told my teammates, "Because these are my last three days and I have no damage, I will be at the gym everyday"
And I have done so.

Today, before my session, I bought cake for all my trainers. After I got back, I saw this on the blog:
http://ameblo.jp/silverwolfgym/entry-10092615598.html
They are basically telling fans that I am going back home and telling me to come down to the gym when I come back to Japan.

It is very sad. While I did not come to Japan for the sole purpose of training martial arts, it is a major reason why I chose Japan as my destination. I learned Japanese and studied Japanese culture mainly to be able to train at a Japanese gym, preferably this one.
Upon my return, I am more motivated than ever to "ganbare" - do my best - in my studies and kickboxing. In that way, I can have either the option of returning to Japan after I graduate in either grad school in a Japanese MBA program or fight professionally in Japan - and maybe even both.
SILVER WOLF#1! WASURENAI!

No comments: